Some things about this photo:
- No, I have no clue what we're singing, although I think it might have been "Deep In The Heart Of Texas" because I know verses of that song no one should know.
- Yes, I am wearing cowboy boots. We were supposed to dress prairie style and the only challenge that presented was deciding which of the twenty prairie-style dresses in my closet I should rock that night.
- That boy was named David and I remember I found him infuriating. I could've had a crush on him or I could've legitimately hated him, I honestly don't know. I'm sure he was a perfectly nice kid, I was just a little insane.
- I'm sooooooo glad I didn't have to wear a bonnet like that girl in the front row. I mean, kill me now, right?
- When I look closely in the background I can see people I'm still in touch with to this day which just cracks me up so hard. Everyone looks like they're being tortured! Why do we make children perform constantly? Some of them love it but I'd say 90% of them are plotting our murders.
*photo by my mom in the all-cool Rusk Cafetorium.