- I ate pretty much all the candy. All the candy, you guys. I am now 46% Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, 10% Almond Joy and the rest vodka. What? You do the math, I'm on a sugar high.
- We had exactly no trick-or-treaters last night. Telling myself it's because we're on top of a steep hill or that people were super scared of the pumpkins we carved. Seriously, I haven't carved a pumpkin in years and years. Can you tell which one was carved by a professional artist and which one was carved by a me? Click here and let me know how awesome mine is! (I'm just stoked I didn't cut a finger off.)
- Tuesday night we saw Evita at the Pantages Theater. I realized as I was watching it that although I've listened to the soundtrack ten billion times (the Patti LuPone AND the Madonna version, thank you very much), I'd never seen the whole show like it's meant to be seen. Our community theater did a great "In Concert" version when I was growing up but this was a whole different thing. The guy who played Che was amazing! If it comes through your town, go! So funny and dramatic and cool.
- Hogie hasn't opened any more doors or pulled any more disappearing acts. In fact, he's staying away from the patio door like he's mad at it. I still haven't recovered from thinking my house absorbed my dog. Maybe next week I'll be okay. (If you missed that little tale of horror, click here. You're welcome.)
- My 9-year-old nephew normally sends a very extensive Christmas Wish List but this year, he sent us a youtube video he created. We're soooo getting him the turtle. Science! Animals! I love it sooooo much, you guys don't even know. He and his brother have also learned the Thriller dance and I plan on making them do it for me when I'm in Texas in December. Ohhhh yeah.
- My friend Roberto has been quietly making beautiful amazing intricate piñatas for years now. He's sold them to restaurants and individuals and boutiques. His technique has evolved to the point where I can't imagine anyone hitting these lovely pieces of art. I've got a Sugar Skull one hanging in my office. Staring at it right now. (Check out the photo above. Yay!) ANYWAY, he's finally got a website where you can see his work and, more importantly, order your very own piñata! Check it out: elpinatero.com
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We're going to watch our 4-year-old nephew play soccer tomorrow morning. Should be hilarious!