Thursday, May 10, 2012
10 Ways I Know I'm A Grown-Up
Sooo, today's list is: 10 Ways I Know I'm A Grown-Up (Cue the Golden Girls theme song.)
1) The other day a bunch of Jr. High kids ran across the street in front of our car. Tim said, "There's a crosswalk right there!" in an 'old dude from Up' voice and I NODDED!
2) There are no spandex dresses in my closet anymore. Well, maybe there's one. I don't know, okaay? But, I only wear band tees like one day a week now and I don't own ANYTHING Hello Kitty anymore! Oh, except that one pair of panties. What I'm trying to say is that I dress like an adult, you guys. Mostly. Lay off!
3) I eat my vegetables without expecting dessert or a toy. I eat 'em up.
4) Last week I took a vitamin. I did. It was probably a one time thing but STILL.
5) A girl cut in front of me in the line for the bar at a concert and I didn't pull her hair OR spill anything down her back.
6) I drink real cocktails. I can't remember the last time I had a Long Island Iced Tea or any drink named after a Nickelodeon character or a sexual position.
7) I now adhere to a strict 'Don't take random pills strangers give you at parties' policy.
8) Sometimes I go to bed before midnight and I, you know, sleep and stuff.
9) I own many shoes that are not super high heels or Converse high-tops. I wear these shoes. It's totally crazy!
10) There are only three toys on my desk. Right now. At this exact moment, there are only three toys on my desk.
*Photo by me. Of my toys. Of three of my toys.