Friday, February 3, 2012
10 Forever Foods
The rules are: 1) Drinks don't count. You can drink what you want. (Whew.) 2) List is for meals and desserts both. 3) You can't say Combo Plate #1 from Jumburrito or something because that's cheating.
When this question was posed to me recently, here's what I did:
1) Cheese pizza. I feel like this is a pretty safe choice. You can't really mess up a cheese pizza and most restaurants have one. Plus, I could eat it for any meal or snack. Or put eyes and a mouth on it and make it my Wilson in case there's an apocalypse and I'm the only human left. Wait. Who will make my pizza then? Nevermind. Ugh. :(
2) Sushi. Probably won't get sick of sushi. Plus, I live in L.A., so I have to eat sushi or I'll get banished to the valley or something.
3) Apples. Okay, look, I LIKE apples, so shut up. Also, I figure I better eat something healthy if it's for the rest of my life. I guess when I'm all old and toothless, this could be apple sauce? Is that cheating?
4) Nachos. This was hard. Super toss up between nachos and cheese enchiladas but I figure that nachos are great for sharing and I can eat them at sports events and stuff.
5) Veggie Omelet. I'm gonna have to get some veggies somehow since I went plain cheese on the pizza. I figure I can order this every brunch ever and it will be all kinds of yummy.
6) Cake. I'm married to the King Of Pies but, you know what? I want to be able to eat wedding cake and Birthday cake and cupcakes and all of the cakes. So there.
7) Veggie Burger. Easy and yummy and they're everywhere. If I get bored, I can just douse that thing in ketchup.
8) Pasta. What if I end up in Italy someday and I can't have pasta because I didn't put it on my stupid list? How dumb would I feel then, huh? WAY more dumb than creating a list of foods I'll eat forever because of some make-believe reason!
9) Grilled Cheese Sandwich. This is necessary because sometimes I travel and the only thing on the menu I can eat is grilled cheese. Plus, it's a freaking grilled cheese sandwich! Come on!
10) Chocolate. Because.
That was hard. I'm so glad I don't actually have to just eat these foods forever. I'm soooo hungry now. I'm hungry enough to eat numbers 1 through 4 and then 10 after.
What would you eat? Would we be able to eat together? Let me know!
*photo by SanFranAnnie.